No one can tell you how to do everything. However, there is a general process that can be followed to accomplish nearly anything. Understanding this process and following it can make all of your dreams come true.
However, that doesn’t mean that success is easy. It only means that there is a process that provides predictable results. You still have to do the work!
Use this process to accomplish anything your heart desires:
- Know what you want to accomplish. If you want to accomplish something, you have to know what that something is. Be clear on the specific outcome you wish to create. Most people fail to even accomplish this step. Choose something and have a clear idea of what you’re trying to do.
- Create a plan. Now that you have an objective, you need a plan to follow. Your plan is likely to change over time, but you need a road map in order to get started. Make a plan and take the first step. Your plan will become more obvious after you get started. You only need to see the next step in order to make progress. The path will reveal itself as you make progress. Getting started is the challenging part.
- Determine your internal and external obstacles. Internal obstacles are doubts and other negative emotions and thoughts about your objective or the path to your objective. It’s important to resolve these if you want to be successful.
- External obstacles are things like time, money, finding clients, finding a mentor, and so on. Many of these obstacles are predictable. Have a plan for dealing with them.
- Set short-term goals. If your objective is going to take more than a few months, set short-term goals. This will keep you on track and maintain your focus. It’s too easy to procrastinate on something that will take you a year to complete.
- Plan your day. Make the most of each day by having a plan for your day. Look at your objective and your plan and schedule your time accordingly. It’s best to do this in the evening, so you’re ready to get to work in the morning. Avoid starting your day without a plan for your day.
- Lose the time wasters. We all waste time. Think about how you most commonly waste time and find a way to remove those things from your life. If they can’t be removed, minimize their impact.
- Enhance your mindset. Your mindset affects your motivation, energy levels, perspective, and how you make decisions. Adopt a positive mindset that supports your goals.
- Decide to never quit. This is a hard one for most people. Most people either fail by never getting started or by quitting before their objective is reached. Perseverance might be the most important quality you can have if you want to be successful.
- Find a mentor. Unless you’re very clear on how to achieve your objective, a mentor can save you a lot of wasted time and heartache. Even a book can be considered a mentor of sorts. Many experts write books. They put wisdom and ideas into those books. If you can read, you have a mentor.
The process for being successful isn’t a secret. The challenge is getting yourself to take action and to persevere long enough to become successful. If you can do those two things, you can accomplish just about anything.
Pick a goal and go for it. It will be hard work, but it’s not as hard as dealing with the regret of never trying. Give yourself a chance and see what happens.